Thursday, February 7, 2008

Can $18 last me for 22 days?

I'm so broke this month. Me and my husband each get $200 a month as pocket money. You know, for lunches, little knick knack things you see when your out, what-nots. You know... an allowance.

Well, we were short on the bills for Feb so I gave up $50 of my allowance to pitch in. Then I sent $50 to my credit card. The one with the $350 balance. I had broken my retainer a few months back and I feel bad making the family buy me a new one so I'm paying for it myself, out of my allowance. I also put my text books on there too. So that is where the balance came from. Yes, I'm 30 years old and still putting retainers and text books on a credit card, and paying for them with my allowance. Oh, and then I bought $50 worth of stocks by mistake. lol. A few months ago I decided I wanted to learn about the stock market and for me, the best way to learn is to just jump right in. So I was investing $50 of my allowance each month to play with. Well, now I understand what they mean when they talk about how the little guy can't play. Cause yeah, it's expensive with all the fees and everything. But I was fine with it. I was sticking it out, figuring that those fees were my cost of learning. You got to start somewhere right? But I had my automatic investment on and I thought I had changed it, but I didn't. So out of my $200, $150 went to something other than my spending money. So here we are on the 7th and I only have $18 left. sigh. Do you think I can get through the rest of the month with $18? I doubt I can. But I'll try!

No comments: