Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One step closer to having my PMI removed.

There was a small development in the PMI situation. Even after they told us no one would be coming to look at the house, some guy showed up to take pictures of it. What really stinks is now there is a permanent record of how messy my house was yesterday. Oh well, our lunch dishes shouldn’t affect the value of the house. He was seriously here for about two minutes. He took a picture of the living room, family room, kitchen, each bathroom, and each bedroom. He didn't go in the back yard which I thought was interesting. We thought our landscaping would have some impact. He also didn't take a picture of the game room, laundry room, or any of the closets. I don't know what they are looking for. I can understand taking pictures of the kitchen and bathrooms I guess. But the kids bedrooms? What could be going on in there that would affect the value? I don't know... The whole thing is very weird.

But the good news is that things are moving along. I read they have 30 days to respond to our request to have the PMI removed. We mailed our check on March 9th so we should hear something back fairly soon.

For the rest of our PMI odyssey visit these posts: PMI removal (part 1), PMI removal (part 2), and PMI removal (part 3).

No comments: