Saturday, April 26, 2008

Roundup

Happy Saturday! I have a great roundup for you this week so let's just jump right in...

First of all I participated in two carnivals. I participated in the Carnival of Personal Finance and the Carnival of Money Stories. So make sure you check them out.

The PF Bloggers:
No Debt Plan showcased the weehouse. I find little houses like this amazing. I can't imagine living in one. It takes a special person to live in a tiny house. They obviously don't have kids.
Master Your Card reminded everyone that yard sale time is coming. Read his post to brush up on your yard sale skills.
Pinching Copper took the stance that the housing bailout is a terrible idea. Leave a comment and let him know your opinion of it.

Around the blogsphere:
Frugal Dad highlighted how he pays his kids allowance. We do generally the same thing but on a lesser scale.
Blunt Money posted snippets from an article about a real estate agent who got caught in the housing bubble. She says it's pathetic on so many levels and I couldn't agree more.
Remodeling This Life reflects on the Velveteen Rabbit and what it means to "be real". I haven't read the Velveteen Rabbit in years, I think I will read it again as soon as I get the chance.
Tight Fisted Miser told a story about how a Mexican fisherman is living the dream and teaches an investment banker a thing or two. I loved this story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention! Definitely read the book - so good to read as an adult - really has so much meaning throughout deeper than what I wrote about.