Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My first day

So today was the first day at my new job. It was ok. I hate not having a routine, so it came with the typical first day frustrations. It took way longer than I expected. When I finished it was an hour after lunch time and 10 minutes until nap. My son was starving and exhausted. But now I know to start earlier, and hopefully it will go quicker next time.

At the end she gave me a check for $25. That felt pretty good. I'm excited to contribute to the family in a financial way. This money will pay for the gas for my car. Which is so awesome. I hadn't realized how dependent I felt by not having an income. I mean, I know $100 a month isn't going to support anyone, but at least if I feel like taking a drive I won't feel guilty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I know how you feel about contributing financially to the family and feeling dependent. I hope you settle into a routine quickly!

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Good for you! The first day is always the hardest/longest.